IDC White Paper Finds Recorded Future Customers Identify Threats 10x Faster
By Karen Kiffney on August 21, 2018
- Recorded Future Delivers 284% Return on Investment Over 3 Years
- Company Helps Resolve Security Incidents 63% Faster
- Universal Threat Intelligence Solution Helps to Identify 22% More Threats Before Impact
To critically examine the impact of its solution on customer environments, Recorded Future, the leading threat intelligence provider, commissioned IDC to interview its customers and publish the findings. The resulting IDC White Paper, “Organizations React to Security Threats More Efficiently and Cost Effectively With Recorded Future,” explored the derived value for organizations using Recorded Future for IT security threat intelligence.
The IDC White Paper concluded that Recorded Future enabled security teams to identify threats to their organizations 10 times faster, while helping to resolve security incidents 63 percent faster when they do occur. Notably, Recorded Future also made organizations’ IT security teams 32 percent more efficient and reduced unplanned downtime by 86 percent. The combination of security team efficiency and risk reduction achieved using Recorded Future resulted in a payback on investment in just four months.
The IDC White Paper stated, “… customers were all very enthusiastic over Recorded Future’s [threat intelligence] offering and how it helped them become more efficient and work more effectively. [Additional] comments were focused around providing real-time analysis to make their teams work more efficiently by assisting them to make better decisions around the security incidents entering the IT environment.”
Overall, the IDC White Paper found that Recorded Future drove higher staff productivity for the entire IT security team including staff responsible for operations, investigation, report compilation, and threat resolution. The solution also gave security teams more time to proactively attack threats before they impacted the wider organization.
To read the full IDC White Paper, download your free copy.
Recorded Future’s universal threat intelligence platform delivers real-time threat intelligence powered by machine learning. The company’s patented technology automatically collects and analyzes information, providing invaluable context to lower risk from a broad range of data. Today, it would take nearly 9,000 analysts, working eight-hour shifts, five days a week for 52 weeks per year, to process the same amount of security event data that Recorded Future’s machine analytics can process in the same time frame.
Recorded Future’s complete threat intelligence solution includes:
- Web Application: Direct access to all intelligence summary cards on 300 million IOCs, dashboard views, search capabilities, and links to original sources.
- Browser Extension: Seamless, direct access about any indicator on a webpage, directly from the browser.
- Integrations: Built-in access to threat intelligence from any security solution for instant context and correlation.
- Threat Intelligence Platform (TIP): Aggregation of rich threat intelligence with internal and proprietary data, and customization of threat feeds for integration.
- Reports: Expert analysis on requested topics or regular cadence of analysis relevant to your industry and organization.
To see Recorded Future in action, request a demo.